Thursday, May 27, 2021

 Sabrina says some guy came in and complained about our pricing on Pokemon. 

Here's the thing. At $6 a pack we are literally making half as much profit as we were making at $5 a pack when we could buy at regular wholesale.

Half as much profit. 

I mean, it's ironic to say--"Hey, we are charging $6 bucks, but we're also limiting you to 3 packs." Because if it was money grab, that's what we'd do. 

So the guy does the usual thing of complaining about speculators when he is obviously a speculator, and then saying he can get something somewhere at a price less than we actually paid, to which the response is always, "Gosh, what a deal. You should go buy them there!"

The one bright side of this is that Sabrina gets to actually see a small slice of what drove me out of the sports card market. I wouldn't just get one of these guys in per day, I'd get a dozen of them, day after day, month after month, until I started blowing up at them. And then one day,  I just stopped.

I will stop selling Pokemon cards too if it gets any worse. It's not about the money--I was hoping to satisfy demand and bring people into the store, but life is too short to put up with abuse.

No comments: