Saturday, October 17, 2020

 Well, I had to work on Friday; so much for getting my short story done by Sunday. I still have a couple of weeks, which is a long time, to get it done in a timely manner. A couple more weeks to get it vetted.

Sabrina read what I had at the store and she seemed to like it. (Though, what else is she going to say?)

 

Meanwhile, I found I couldn't fit into my winter jeans, so decided to go on one of my "sandwich" diets. Here's the thing--sandwiches satisfy me for hours, so I space them out--2 or 3 or 4 or even 5 sandwiches, each about 300 calories or so. Hey, I usually have carbohydrates, protein, dairy, and even a little "vegetable" if you include pickles and olives. Heh. 

I'm not moving around much these days, so I figure it is going to take at least a month or two before I can fit into the jeans--and another couple of weeks to start wearing all my winter shirts. (Which I haven't been able to do for years...)

Linda asked why I diet if I'm just going to gain it back, but really, it takes six months to gain it back, when I do, and I often don't quite go back to the same high weight. So I figure it's useful.

And I can wear my winter jeans. 


Feeling hopeful about the election--hope which risks being crushed. If it goes the wrong way, I'm going to dig a hole for myself to hide in--or start making Molotov cocktails. 

The idea that Biden is a "decent" man, versus the despicable alternative. 

Look, I know we're being spoonfed that line, but I think there is some truth to it. I know early on everyone was sort of mocking him for being that way, but I'll give him credit for sticking to his blandness. It turned out to be sort of a perfect antidote to the craziness. Maybe that is just an accident, but then again, maybe he had it right from the start.

I know in my business, I've always tried to plan out using my own instincts, even if it goes against the prevailing wisdom. So I admire anyone who chooses a strategy and sticks to it and is rewarded in the end. 

I've been hard on Biden in the past. His regular Joe act seemed a little phony to me--the kind of phony where the person doesn't even know he's being phony. But underneath that is his genuine intention to be that guy, so credit.

I know I won't mind a little blandness.  


We have a new kitten. Linda's idea, which is pretty surprising. She's a gray, streaked with scuffed white and for some reason she reminds us of a gray wolf--that and she is great at disappearing. A real Houdini. So I work up this morning to find that she has been dubbed, "Wolfini." 

Well, right away, for me that has morphed to "Wolfie," which I really like. A bit trans-species, maybe. Heh.


No comments: