Friday, December 21, 2018

Holiday break.

I'm taking the holidays off. I've been kinda stuck on "Ruby Red and Robot" anyway, so giving it more time to percolate isn't a bad thing. Todd and Toby will be home for Christmas.

I figure I'll probably be glued to the computer on December 26 for my BookBub promotion for "Deadfall Ridge." I mean, I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. It appears to really help some books, but other books fall between the cracks. Since I'm not particularly known, nor do I generally write in this genre, and because it is a stand-alone, I probably should keep my expectations low. If I have real guts, I'd just ignore it and let whatever happen...happen.

But I don't think I can pull that off.

Saw an old friend at the writer's group X-Mas party and gave her a copy of "Deadfall Ridge" and she wrote back and told me she'd read it in two sittings and loved it. It pleased me a great deal because it's hard to get friends and family to read my stuff. (Understandable because I've written so much.)  And I respect her opinion. Sometimes that's enough to keep me going. Also got a 5 star review from Sandy in Texas, who was my first real reader, and I'm really grateful for that. 

My wizardess, Chloe, and I are still working on updating my duncanmcgeary.com site. We're going to use a different provider in order to place this blog on the front page. Lots of details to fill in. It's not something I could have done on my own.

I'm hoping to get back to my regular walking and writing routine next year. They work so well together. I've been losing weight, but not because of a diet. I'm not eating anything before noon, which was always true, but now I'm not eating after 6:00. In between, I'm eating when I want to, but being moderate about it.

Poor Panga's belly is swollen. She doesn't seem to be in pain. We're watching her carefully. She still seems to have more good days than bad. But I fear the end is near.

Going to work today to put away books. Always an exciting time at the store. Also meeting my wizardess to work on the domain site some more.

Trying not to get too frightened by national affairs. (Oh, my poor IRA!!)




No comments: