Thursday, November 23, 2017

Small article about Pegasus Books in The Source this morning under "Legends of the Game." Interviews with new and old businesses in town. It's nice of them to do it, especially since I don't advertise. My old friend Judy Stiegler was the writer, and of course, it seems like such a small amount of information compared to how much we talked, but that always seems the way.

The one thing that didn't make the article was my statement, "I'm grateful for not only surviving, but thriving." Pegasus is a functioning store. May not sound like much of an accomplishment, but it was always a struggle to get there. Years went by when we survived mostly on willpower and stubbornness.

I do believe people are being more supportive of local stores over the last few years. Used to be Black Friday was a complete washout, but now it's more like a slightly better than average day. Small Business Saturday so far hasn't been that impactful, but I think it's gathering steam. (The Halloween promotion this year, for instance, really took off...)

I'm thankful for so much this year. Normally, I'm not much of a sentimentalist, but I've been realizing how freaking lucky I've been. It seems like one thing after another has come to fruition over the last few years. It feels like luck, and maybe just hanging in there long enough.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!


No comments: