Saturday, April 26, 2014

Happy to be writing again.

Finally just started writing Ghostlander again.

I waited a couple of weeks for plot ideas to come to me, and nothing really arrived.  So I had to weigh the cost of starting off without a plot in mind (thus the danger of writing myself into blind corners) versus waiting too long to get writing.  (The longer I wait, the harder it is to start.)

I decided yesterday I needed to go forward without a roadmap, into unexplored territory, and just hope that my subconscious will find a way.

The thing about ghost stories, I decided, is that they are fundamentally illogical.  What happens is disconnected from the real world by definition. 

What counts in a ghost story is atmosphere, I think.  I believe I've got an approach that will work there.

So I'm going forward with my 2000 words a day pace, and keeping my fingers crossed that all the elements come together.

No comments: