Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Another wasted day.

I was nursing my poor eyes for the first half of the day, intending to get going (filing books at Linda's store, mowing lawns, etc.) when my eyes flared up again.

Totally frustrating not to really be able to watch anything, browse the internet, read a book, or much of anything else.

Also, I'm worried. Why did I get a flare up? Do I have a new allergy? The only thing that has ever hit me this hard before was when I got a cinder of sage in my eye from a fire. Have there been fires around Bend that contained sage? Why does it strike hard at 9:00 every night?

Around 9:00 I laid down and closed my eyes for about an hour, and when I got up again, the eyes were not getting worse. Got up again this morning with really puffy eyes, and got my guys to cover the store today. (Yes, we're open; 11:00 to 4:00).

I'm going to wash my hands every hour or so and keep them away from my eyes and mow the lawn no matter what and otherwise try to stay busy until the fireworks tonight. Sorry, not much else going on.

8 comments:

Helen said...

I'm thinking you should have a professional take a look .... maybe Bend Memorial Clinic is open today?

Leitmotiv said...

You can't go on the internet? And despite common sense you want to mow the lawn? No matter what? :)

Duncan McGeary said...

They're o.k. for the moment. I'm giving it another day.

Duncan McGeary said...

"You can't go on the internet?"

I know, right? Can't go on as much as I'd like...

"...despite common sense you want to mow the lawn?"

It's turning into a jungle out there.

H. Bruce Miller said...

Have you ever been to an allergist?

Duncan McGeary said...

"Have you ever been to an allergist?"

"McGeary's don't have allergies." Who would dare contradict my Mom?

I'm afraid what they might find.

I'm pretty sure it was some poison off my three hours of weeding. Though why I got the second flare up, I don't know.

It's after 6:00. Just got done mowing the lawns, and my eyes are definitely getting better. Off to work tomorrow.

H. Bruce Miller said...

"I'm afraid what they might find."

Pardon my bluntness, but that's stupid. What are they going to find? That you have an allergy? Big deal.

OTOH conjunctivitis is serious stuff. It could damage your vision.

H. Bruce Miller said...

""McGeary's don't have allergies." Who would dare contradict my Mom?"

I would.