Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Who do you think you are?

I'm writing this entry days before The Article comes out - for those who read the Bulletin and know what I'm talking about.

(Community Life Section, lead article, WRITE ON, Bulletin, 11/22/11.)

This kind of thing make me uncomfortable. I always think people are going to think, "Who the hell do you think you are?"

But there are a couple of reasons to go ahead.

One reason is pretty mercenary. I'm hoping that those of you have never visited my store, will give it a try (as well as those who haven't been in the store lately.)

So there's that.

I'm also hoping people will give this blog a try -- or another try.

But a bigger reason is -- it will make my 92 year old Dad very happy.

I think he'll like it. . He'll show everyone in Bend Villa Court. So that's cool. (Assuming I don't look like a total Dick in the article....)

There's one more reason, of course, and that is The Book. But that's going to be 3 to 6 months before it's ready to show the world, and by then everyone will probably have forgotten.

Like I said, I haven't read the article yet. I just want something here for comments for people who have.


Dunc

7 comments:

Duncan McGeary said...

One quibble with the article.

Mary Catherine, my sister, was known to one and all as Tina.

The store looks packed, doesn't it?

Overall, it was accurate. Usually in these kinds of things, things get heard wrong, but I think Dave got it right.

Duncan McGeary said...

I can't see, to get online with the Bulletin. (Can't imagine what e-mail and password I used.)

Can anyone post this here; pictures and all?

Leitmotiv said...

I've talked with a few people about your store. A couple complain of too much stuff and feel that the shelves are going to fall down on them. I guess your store doesn't jive with the claustrophobic!

Luci & Loree said...

Duncan, just read the article & it is really good! No, u do not look like a 'dick' (from your used to be neighbor) so now i can read yr blog, never knew u had one! So do I!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Godspeed!

H. Bruce Miller said...

All this time I never realized you were the son of Dr. McGeary. Amazing. (Amazingly stupid on my part, that is.)

Duncan McGeary said...

Is it because I didn't tell you a joke when I first met you?