Sunday, October 30, 2011

Catching up.

I joke about being obsessive/compulsive. Don't think I really am.

Then again, I spent part of last weekend catching up on all the New York Times Sunday papers I had piled up.

I spent part of this weekend, catching up the N.Y.T.'s Book Review and the N.Y.T's Magazine.

It's like I can't stand to throw them away without reading them first.

Next up, a giant pile of The New Yorker.

It's good for me. Very humbling.

Any time I start thinking that I'm well-read or in any way an intellectual, reading the N.Y. Times Book Review or The New Yorker disabuses me of them there notions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had to cancel my New Yorker subscription because when I have it, I enjoy it, and never get to any books. They keep sending a new one every week, and always have at least 2 in-depth, very interesting articles.