Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Grogggy.

Groggy this morning. No coffee. Having to fast for a yearly checkup with the doctor.

**********

I have to get to work tomorrow 3 hours early to let the cable guys in the door to change my internet and phone service.

Bendbroadband was in the door almost immediately after I posted my dissatisfaction with Qwest.
I'm thinking that it's probably going to end up costing me about the same -- except I'll have a dedicated phone line, and I'll pay for long distance by the minute.

Got one of those great but rare moments of Up Yours.

"Hi. Are you the person I talked to about the Qwest rate change?"

"You mean the rate increase? Yes. But it's too late. I've already decided to make a change."

"May I ask why?"

Bellylaugh. "Because you raised the rate."

"It's a good thing I caught you before...."

"Too late, I've already made the change." Click.

I suspect he was about to make an offer. Thing is, he could have made that offer when he called me the first time, but obviously didn't believe I would change.

This landline phone companies don't appear to fully understand they are in no position to make demands.

***********

The Good Wife finale was fantastic. Best show on T.V., bar none.

The Killing is great, but seems to keep shifting ground every week. Not sure it's really settled into a theme, and the shows almost over.

The Game of Thrones. I had almost forgotten the sense of doom that settles over this story as the Starks are ensnared by politics and their own sense of rectitude.

4 comments:

OHDG said...

who did you switch too? I'm thinking about resuscitating my landline.

H. Bruce Miller said...

I think you'll be happy with BendBroadband. I have been, mostly, and I've been a customer since back in the days when they were Bend Cable.

OHDG said...

guess that is privileged information!

OHDG said...

oh see I missed that part of the post...