Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thingies

The young folk at the store (customers and employees) seem to really like the new music I just bought...

What am I doing wrong?

I'm trying to imagine my grandparents picking music I would've liked...

***********

Cam Newton (Heisman Trophy Winner) calls himself an "entertainer and icon."

Oh, oh.

Not another one of-- those-- guys...

**********

Local real estate blog proclaims local housing is "affordable!"

Well, that's one way of putting it...

**********

The King's Speech is a fine movie -- but it just isn't anything special. It's like Chariots of Fire or something -- just not something that will be among the greats.

A safe choice, I guess.

If they had any balls, they give the Academy Award to Toy's Story 3, just because it's time an animated movie won. (Up!)

**********

Gadhafi blames the rebellion in Libya on Bin Laden.

That's good, right?

That he doesn't blame the U.S.A.

Right?

**********

Linda: "Did you know I'm not perfect?"

"What! I demand a divorce, right now! I was misled!"

"Yeah, this ear is lower than my other ear...."

"Oh....I see. Your EARS aren't perfect..................

***********

Ridgeview High School.

Boring!

That's the name you get when it goes through a committee. Bland, generic, and...

What was that name again?

3 comments:

OHDG said...

One time I looked at a person and saw a Picasso painting. Suddenly a new world opened up to me that was always there. The asymmetry in people's faces is often like a Picasso.

Anonymous said...

So, what music is it that you bought that the young folks like?

Duncan McGeary said...

On the playlist.

The new Decemberists. (Say, isn't that a commie reference? Off to Google....Yep. They're commies, heh.)

The new Cake.

The new Iron and Wine.

Mumford and Sons -- not my CD, but I've left it in.