Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A little warning would've been nice.

Weatherman sucks.

That's a lot of snow.

I've never not opened my store because of weather, but I'm tempted. I have a couple of hours to hope the snowplow makes it to my street.

I hate to shovel snow, but I may just have to this time. Slow and easy.

NOTE: P.S. I am going to open today, because my UPS shipment is schedule to show up. So, even if the lights are off, I'm there!

**********

Winterfest may have more winter than fest this year. Then again, actually havng winter might make it more festive. Still time to get the snow out of the way, I guess.

**********

This is the third time I've tried to write this blog this morning. Saving after every sentence, now.

**********

I taped the Grammies the other night. Thank goodness, because I don't know if I've ever seen so many and so long of commercials.

Like everyone else, I swore I would never lose touch with current music. But I don't listen to the radio, so much of current music passes me by. I wouldn't know a Beiber or a Lady Gaga song if I heard one.

Not proud of this, by the way. I hate it when people come in my store and proclaim loudly that they are competely oblivious to pop culture: "I'm ignorant -- and proud of it!"

Still -- not impressed by most of the music (the performances, on the other hand, were impressively energetic and showy). Fast forwarded most of them after about the first third.

Mostly poppy fluff. When has it ever been different? Not quite so many diva's and boy bands s the last time I watched, which is an improvement.

Rap songs apparently consist of Rhianna singing a tourch song, while a young male circles her threateningly (sexily?). Eminem is impressively intense.

We got into the second half of the program, and I started to recognize some songs. Mumford and Sons; which one of my guys had on the CD mixes they bring to the store. Listened to Dylan croak out Maggie's Farm.

Jagger still has it. Striesand doesn't.

I had not heard of Lady Antibellum, was not impressed with their bland music. Sorry.

Then my tragically unhipness was finally redeemed.

Arcade Fire, a band I love, won Album of the Year!

Only to find over the course of the next day that most people apparently haven't heard of them.

Hah! Who unhip now!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always knew hillary-clinton was an evil bitch but only the blind would not see her now for what she is.
OBAMA-OREO is everything predicted, BUSH 2X maybe even 10X.
When will dunc concur that DEM's are every bit as evil assholes as Pugs, that ALL are owned by the same bankers. Everyone running the evil empire during BUSH2 is still in place during OREO1. CHANGE? A black face to send mex&black people to die in oil wars.

Anonymous said...

Why not offer rectal mirrors in your shop? Maybe even anal bleech? I can't believe that the gilded of Bend don't want to look good. Grammies? Come on dunc, ...
Where is the city of Bend getting $$$ to pick up snow? Who is the contractor these days? With 1/2 the homes in the city now not paying property tax, I can hardly believe this region is on any foundation to pay its bills.

Duncan McGeary said...

Yep, Bilbo-buster is back.

Anonymous said...

Smile be happy,

Currently, depending on who is doing the math, US Government debt and unfund
ed liabilities total somewhere in the neighborhood of $80 trillion, which translates to about $260,000 for every man, woman and child currently living in America. If you add in state and local debts and unfunded liabilities that amount could easily triple to over $240 trillion, or more than $780,000 per US resident.

There’s no way that this debt will ever be repaid, either by this generation, the next or any subsequent generations of Americans. There simply isn’t enough available cash in a $15 trillion economy to pay that kind of debt. So at some point the US will be in default.

Anonymous said...

I think given the power of Bend and this blog, that we turn this thing around and think positive about Bend.
Bend is paradise. Bend is warm and cozy. Bend is full of sweet, warm, and easy women. Bend has the best comic store in the world.