Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Still catching up.

My backpack reeks of campfire. I kind of like it, even though I kind of smell like a homeless guy. Good thing I trimmed my beard.

**********

Listened to the first four chapters of PETER AND MAX, as part of my birthday gift to Linda.
It was fine....but it wasn't reading....

**********

My sister Betsy is in town, and she talked about how if she isn't reading books she feels "off-kilter", which is exactly the way I feel.

**********

Popped over to CACB site at 9:00 this morning (Wed. the 7th) and it's dropped to a new low of .41, or down 10%. It will be interesting if the 'saviors' come along at the end of the day and prop up the stock again. And how long they'll keep doing it. Either that, or there are some people really 'playing' the stocks ups and downs.

P.S. Looks like they tried to boost the stock at 2:30, and then the bottom fell out. Ended at 17% down, a new low of .38.

**********

This might be an apropos moment to state that I think we are in double dip for sure. I'm pretty sure we're in fourth consecutive month of down sales Year to Year, after seven consecutive months up, and I just don't get the sense that tourists are spending as much.

Bend still has some tough years to get through, in my opinion.

I'm having a bit of a hard time deciphering it, because three of my main categories are way, way down. But the two newest categories, games and books, are up considerably. But I'll go with my suspicion that this here Great Recession is far from over.

Thankfully, I had budgeted to try to make some major profit this summer, and this just means I'll be closer to a small profit, or at worse break-even. Nevertheless, a bit disappointing.

**********

2 comments:

H. Bruce Miller said...

"My backback reeks of campfire."

What's your "backback"?

(I almost hesitate to ask ...)

Duncan McGeary said...

I KNEW that didn't look right....