Sunday, July 4, 2010

Relax and Enjoy.

So we have entered that time span where it really doesn't matter much what I do. Either the tourists show up, or they don't. Either they spend money, or they don't.

During the off months, not having an item in stock hurts.

During the busy months, something else will sell instead.

But it is always slightly nerve-wracking, because you can't be totally, entirely sure that they'll show up. Christmas is also like this: but, as I always end up finding, they haven't canceled Christmas, yet. They haven't canceled Summer, yet.

It took me a long time to realize that my sales would happen because of what I have in stock JUST BEFORE the season starts; not after the season starts. In fact, ordering lots of material in the busy season just leaves that material and the leftover bills for Fall, the slow season.

So, now I just sort of sit back and hope for the best, and relax and enjoy the weather, take time off for vacations, and let nature take it's course.


P.S. I just realized this is my 2000 post. Haven't missed a day.

No comments: