Thursday, August 16, 2007

Sometimes the news headlines say it all. Those of us who were yelling, "Watch out!", needn't say a word.

I'm going to relax for the rest of summer at the store. Then I'd like to try to apply even half the effort that I was willing to spend on a new store toward the old store. Plenty of things to do, even if it isn't as fun as starting with a fresh canvas.

I had a chat with my current landlord representative, and it was reassuring. I think they like me and my store. I'll just keep the faith that nothing changes too much in the next few years.

So what if I'm surrounded by umpteen clothing stores? Foot traffic is undeniably higher; which is what I have profoundly wished for for years. Heck, I may end up with even more business from all the people who aren't looking for a dress, shoes, handbag, painting or necklace.

My mind is already trying to figure out ways to make better use of the limited space I have. It's going to be all about the ergonomics from here on out. Maybe try to get the technology up the speed, (my supplier, Diamond Distributers is going to be offering us a POS system this fall.) Look at trying to sell online a bit more than I have.

I've even thought of having a "I'M NOT MOVING SALE!" Hey, by not moving, I need to unload the merchandise.

Instead of starting raw with a new space, I just will need to refine and be smarter about the space I have.

No comments: