Wednesday, February 7, 2007

I've done a really crazy thing. I've started a second blog; THE DAILY NOVEL: THE TIME TRAVEL SHOP. I think you can click my profile and go to it from there.

It's probably been done, but I don't know. I'm going to write everyday on this book, if I can.

I'll be keeping this blog going, as well, but won't be talking about my writing here. This will still be about business and Bend and all that.

What inspired me was, I realized I've probably written over 30,000 words on this damn blog in just a couple of months. Hell, my novels were only about 100,000 to 200,000 words. I've written seven books, and many partials. The first three were published; STAR AXE, 1980; SNOWCASTLES, 1981; and ICETOWERS, 1982. They've been long out of print, but can be found in used bookstores and online.

My 4th and 5th books made the rounds without success. My 6th book, DEVILTREE, kept coming close, but eventually I gave up. My 7th book, SOMETIMES A DRAGON, was my favorite, but I realized it was my least commercial and I barely tried to market it.

Then I got married, had instant family, bought a business and I no longer had the time, energy, or psychic space to write fiction.

But I THINK I'm ready to try again. I've started totally fresh. These are new words, created this morning. I'm as in the dark about where this book is going as anyone. I'm doing it for myself, and my own amusement, but I wouldn't mind being published. But the main thing is to do it. As soon as I can figure it out, I'll be creating a link to the other blog. (And hopefully get the original 'profile' for this blog back. For some reason, the profile I wrote for the new blog ended up here, too.)

No comments: