Thursday, January 25, 2024

AI is inevitable.

I spent years trying to convince people that Walmart was bad. I spent further years trying to convince people Amazon was bad. I tried moral suasion, I tried practical suasion, but in the end, none of it mattered. People will do what people do.

When I see how far and how fast AI has come, I'm already ready to throw in the towel. Oh, I'll personally resist...for awhile. 

Truth is, I use Amazon. I would probably use Walmart if it wasn't such an yucky place to visit. 

My store is designed to survive the actual existence of Walmart and Amazon, acknowledging their strengths, trying to find things that we can do that they can't. 

I don't think moral suasion is going to work any better against AI that it did against the previous goliaths. It seems impossible to control. It's already escaped, it's out of our hands.

People will do what people will do. 

No comments: