Friday, November 13, 2020

Another shutdown?

 Trying to figure out if there is going to be another shutdown in Deschutes County. It's more than possible, since the Gov shut down Multnomah County among others. So then the question is one of timing. I mean, the worst possible result would be during the Christmas shopping season. In a way, if it's going to happen, doing it now would be the best time. The second best time would be the first half of December, though I fear the huge rush in the second half of the month would wipe out the advantage.

Close down the second half of the month of December? Might as well come and lock the doors to a whole lot of businesses.

So my best guess is that we'll see a strict shutdown in January or February, and I'm not sure I'm all that opposed to it. Though by then, things may be so out of control that only the vaccine will help.

Meanwhile, apparently they're saying that masks do provide some protection to the wearer after all. 

So as long as both the customers and the workers are wearing masks 100% of the time, the risk is there but not extreme. Meanwhile, I'm staying home most of the time. 

I haven't noticed quite so many "nosers" as I've seen in the past, but can't be sure. I will be very diligent about pointing out the mask below the nose thing to all customers I see doing it. 

It's always been a risk/reward situation and so far so good. But then, it'll only stay good until it turns bad.

No comments: