Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Random thoughts, Wednesday, April 1.

***I lost two days worth of posts. I have no idea why. Oh, well. Starting over with today.


***No April Fools jokes today. I loathe April Fools in the best of times, much less now.


***The comic industry seems to want to self-destruct. Some company of Point-of-Sales that I'd never heard of (I don't like POS) finagled some the publishers--we don't know who, yet, but probably Marvel at least--to sell comics digitally to our customers with the promise of physical copies later. For a bunch of reasons I won't go into detail about, this is a big NOPE. So far, a poll asking retailers is about 95% against.


***Driving into town today to leave Sabrina's paycheck at the store. I could mail it, but it's a good excuse to go somewhere. I went to the store yesterday and put away $1000 worth of games I got at 16% of retail. It's amazing when that much product simply disappears into the inventory.


***Got at least 5 phone calls in the three hours I was there. (I didn't answer--they'll get the gist.) I don't even have an answering machine. That's probably not so good.


***My estimation of curbside and online ordering was--it would be more trouble than it's worth. Especially for a store that has never been set up to sell that way. I've been waiting to see the results of those who went that way. Yesterday, this comment from another comic shop was a bit of confirmation.

"Curbside was slow; mail order to regulars has been slower, all despite spending more time and money on social engagements."


 ***There's a possibility that I could lay down some new flooring at the store in the month of May, assuming I can line up the labor and materials. Looking around the store yesterday, I quailed. When it comes time to do it--and it has to happen sometime--I'll just need to remind myself to take one step at a time.


***Watched the batshit crazy Bollywood movies, Baahubali I & 2 on Netfix last night.
Was all in on this one. So over the top it was funny and yet, I loved it.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR48a1kLx0w

 

No comments: