Tuesday, March 17, 2020

"This is going to be interesting."

I haven't posted for a while, not because I don't have anything to say but because I have too much to say, but it's the same stuff everyone else is saying, so why bother?

We're staying open at the store for now. Waiting for further developments. Generally we have less than 5 people in the store at any one time, so I think if we take precautions, it's an acceptable risk. I mean, risk wise, staying closed for a month would be devastating.

I think the decision may be taken out of my hands anyway. Closing down all retail is on the horizon, I think. I've told Sabrina that she'll get paid nevertheless, which is another costly thing, but the right thing to do.

The comic business is one business where closing down is extra harmful because we get weekly shipments, and have trained our customers to come in on a weekly basis. I can just stop ordering books and games, because we are extremely well-stocked as we are, but comics come in no matter what.

(Think about the ramifications of that--I don't buy anything, the companies who make, distribute, and transport those things also don't make money.)

As I was going to bed last night, I was thinking "This is going to be interesting."

No comments: