Thursday, June 7, 2018

The WIP is taking suddenly veering into SF territory.

This new direction makes a goofy book even goofier, but it engages my interest, and that's the main thing. Hopefully it will engage others.

I'll have to do a complete rewrite to incorporate the changes, but that's all right. I probably should be doing a complete rewrite anyway.

Then I want to research all the issues the books comes up with and include the pertinent information and current thinking on those things. It should give the book a little heft.

But most of all, I want my imagination to have free rein and only try to explain it later. It's going to take close to two months to finish just the first draft even having written the first 30K words in 4 days. So I've definitely slowed down. But the story still interests me and that's the main thing.

Waiting for inspiration is the right answer. Knowing that this book is mostly for myself. All this is what I'll probably be doing from now on. Finding a subject and living it for a few months at a time.


No comments: