All right, I admit it.
When I first got the editing back from Cohesion, I was intimidated by how much they were asking me to change. But, well, what choice did I have?
At first, I looked for ways to finesse the changes, but then hit some parts which require more than that. So I took a deep breath and dove in, hoping I wouldn't wreck the thing.
Came close to wrecking it a couple of times, but came back to the original version and tried again. And I started to see that it was improving the story. Undeniably. And in some ways, the bigger the change, the more it improved the book.
I'm still not sure if the chapter movements are right. That's the kind of overall picture thing that's hard for me to see, but since the smaller changes are improvements, I'm going to go ahead and assume these are improvements too.
The biggest tasks are ahead, but getting the first half nailed down has increased my confidence that I can get it done.
Even if it's starting to feel like a damn job!
5 days ago