Monday, May 16, 2016

Rebooting TMPDG Murders.

"The Manic Pixie Dream Girl Murders: Blood of the Succubus" went nowhere fast.

It deserves better, I think. It's a decent book with some interesting ideas.

Anyway, I decided to change to the alternate cover--which was the one most people voted for.



I also changed to the alternate title: "Blood of the Succubus: The Manic Pixie Dream Girl Murders."

While I was at it, I researched how to describe the book, what keywords to use, and how to categorize it. Changed six out of the seven keywords (saved only "Succubus.")

This was the first book that I published myself after being published by Books of the Dead and Ragnarok Publications. It's pretty obvious I don't know what I'm doing. I need to experiment, figure out what works.

I got only one real category the first time, so I this time I changed it up, went in an entirely different direction. So far, partial success. I got 3 (!) different categories, which is better than I expected. The change in the description looks and reads better too.

There is nothing to lose here. The book wasn't selling at all. (What happened to the thousands of readers of my other books?)

I have a lot of books written and I'm going to need to put books out on my own (even while still going through publishers, hopefully) and I need to figure this out.

No comments: