Thursday, September 28, 2023

Adventure #3.

I almost bumped our airline tickets up to a higher class. It would have cost a minimum of 2k to do so, on top of and more than the original tickets. I filled in all the info and my fingered lingered over the submission.

"Nah, I'll sleep on it."

In the morning I decided that the flight would be the equivalent of a long work day. Instead, we'd donate the 2K to Linda and my chosen charities. Mine being Family Kitchen, and Linda's a new homeless venture in Redmond, Oasis Village. 

So if we suffer on the trip, it was for a good cause.

 

It's weird how time just sped up once we decided on the trip. But in the last week, it's slowed down again in anticipation. I think we've gotten everything pretty much ready, so now it's a matter of waiting and doing the small things. 

 

A little before dark yesterday, we got a knock on the door. It was one of the neighborhood children, a seven year old (or so) little girl, asking if it was okay for her to take Jasper to the park (which is a couple of blocks away.) 

"We'd rather not," Linda and I said.

"Well, he followed us down to the park. My brother is bringing him back."

 We look down the sidewalk and the brother, who is probably about nine-years old, was awkwardly carrying Jasper. The cat seemed to see us watching, and he squirmed out of his arms and ran, tail fluffed, to our backyard.

Thing is, Jasper will hardly let Linda and I pick him up. As much of a lap cat as he is, being picked up isn't something he likes. So I was astonished that he let the neighbor kid pick him up, much less let him carry him. 

We're told that Jasper gets around, watches the kids playing, communing with the cats who are housebound, and otherwise making his presence known.

King of the Neighborhood, apparently.  

No comments: