Thursday, February 24, 2022

This is the longest I've gone without a post since I started this blog.

I got nothing. I'm speechless. 

Russia has just invaded Ukraine. Unbelievable...and at the same time, totally believable. It's not like human brain chemistry has changed. The older I get, the more I realize that every generation is really the same, no better, no worse.

So what's happening? The store is doing very, very well. We've now beaten the previous year every month of the last two years--by a lot. (I'm not counting the close down.) Mostly due to books, but the infusion of money has helped every category. The store is fully stocked, top to bottom, and tourists seem to be coming in droves. So that's working.  

I'm at the store for 3 official days a week, and usually one unofficial day. It's lots of fun with the store is doing well. 

I'm not really writing these days. I'm dreaming lots of ideas, I get the impulse to write, but I know that it would be only fits and starts. I am reading more--all kinds of esoteric things, for some reason. My curiosity hasn't changed, even if the curiosity doesn't lead to anything. 

Just got off my once a year zoom call with the doctor. I'm in good shape up and down the line. If it wasn't for the heart attack three years ago, I'd think I was in perfect shape. I'm trying to prepare for retirement--being a loner, I've always relied on the store for social purposes. When I'm not working, I tend to stay home and do not much of anything. 

I'm hoping Linda and I can travel, though how and where we go is still up in the air. Linda wants to take the cat with us, and I keep telling her, "He's just a cat! He'll be fine!"

I'll probably take up writing again, and going for long walks. Other than that...relax? What's that?

 



No comments: