Sunday, June 14, 2020

Do writers have big egos?

Maybe...just a little.

It kills me that Hollywood has thrown tens of millions of dollars around for supernatural Donner Party movies that either suck or were never made or disguised as something else, when there was a book out there that I think would have been perfect as a movie. Ready made, if you will.

"Led to the Slaughter: The Donner Party Werewolves," by Duncan McGeary.

I also think "Tuskers" could be a fun "Tremors" kind of movie.

"Snaked" would make a great creature/disaster movie.

You know, in my humble opinion.

I'm not sure about the cinematic possibilities of my other stories, but these three are pretty straightforward plots that wouldn't have to be trimmed down all the much.

I guess I need to be playing the lottery a lot more, because that's the only way these movies would ever be made.

So yeah, writers have egos. (But are also fragile and you could easily puncture my pretension with a harsh word...so please refrain.)

1 comment:

Mr Nighttime said...

Have you considered/tried adapting your books into a screenplay and shopping it around? Or are you just too busy and are waiting for manna to fall from Hollywood heaven?