Thursday, February 28, 2019

"Fateplay" is almost ready.

Crossroad Press sent me back the edited version of "Fateplay." It is a pretty polished book, so there was very little that needed to be done.  The guy in charge read the first eight chapters and then handed it off to another editor.

So me being insecure and all asked: "Did you lose interest?" and "What did the new editor think?"

He answered: "I thought it was great, kind of a cosplay version of Ready Player One..."

The new editor thought it was a little long and confusing but... "Based on what I read, those who like the genre and are familiar with it will love it."

We have to come up with a cover, and I think they're going to submit it to Bookbub, but it will be ready soon.

I want to have an edited version of "Eden's Return" done by the time "Fateplay" is published. I want to keep a steady 3 to 4 month release schedule. 

I'm still uncertain about my "Lander" books, especially the first one. I wonder if it isn't a clunker. I know it has some good stuff in it. Can I afford to take a chance it is a clunker? How do I know? No matter what I do, some will like it and some won't.

I also need to tackle "Takeover" and turn it into a Hart Davis book.

Lots of work to do, and I'm being lazy. Going into my fourth month of not writing. It's very strange, but I keep telling myself that a little break probably isn't a bad thing.

I don't want to turn this blog into a "Why I'm not writing" blog, but...

I'm sure I'll get back to it soon enough.

No comments: