Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Brought the six new fixtures into the store. Spent most of Sunday night removing one of the used books fixtures and boxing up the books to make room for them.

This is going to be a much bigger job than I expected. I'm definitely going to run out of boxes, which means that the fixtures along the walls will be emptied last, which was the main benefit to the whole thing, dammit.

It's a good thing Todd was home with his work trailer to load them up on. I was delusional about doing it myself without a trailer or a hand trolley--or Todd. (Borrowed a trolley from the little grocery downtown.)

The fixtures are bigger and more substantial than I expected, which is a good thing in the end. I was able to get them for about 1/4th what they would cost new, but still a big extra expense. They're in good shape. Solid. Nicely painted white, which fits the rest of the store.

But for the first time in years I'll be able to show graphic novels face out. I mean, I've basically been trying to sell art books by hiding the art.

I thought I was going to be able to do this over a couple of days, but I'm now realizing I'll need spend at least a week. Taking today off to go to a movie, then diving in tomorrow.


Next day; Watch Hotel Artemis which I enjoyed. Both this and Upgrade were the kind of thing we've been watching on Netflix, but now that Linda I have date day on Tuesdays, we've been going to more movies and I'm sort of fed up with remakes and corporate crap. A little indie smell is refreshing.

Going to box up another bookshelf worth of books today, then again tomorrow, and Friday and Saturday, turning this into a full week thing.

No comments: