Friday, December 4, 2015

Sitting through the credits.

I've taken to sitting through the credits of most movies. I'm not sure why, but it seems to enhance the overall experience.

Usually there some nice orchestral music playing, as the movie fades away slowly to the theme music. A little after dinner aperitif.

So, what...I could be walking through a dirty noisy parking lot? Sitting in my car?

No...sitting there, not abruptly changing the mood, is more preferable to that. Five extra minutes, and then I'm ready to go.

Linda indulges me. The theater workers give me exasperated looks. But I kind of like the whole experience.

2 comments:

Andy Z said...

I've always done the same. I feel like it gives you a couple extra minutes for the finale to sink in. Plus, it's respectful to all the folks who worked on the movie. AND, especially with Marvel movies, they're often throwing a "stinger" scene on after the credits.

Also I hate walking in a crowd.

Helen said...

Add me to the list! I love being one of the last to leave the theater! Often there are surprises during the closing credits .. Photos, out-takes, bits of history regarding elements of the film.