Sunday, August 9, 2015

Clarity will come, hopefully.

Opportunity comes knocking.

How fucking stressful.  I was perfectly happy before.  The Devil comes a'calling.  Temptation.

So whenever this kind of thing happens, I always have to ask myself: "What is the moral high ground here?  What is the best ethical and emotional and moral choice?"

Really, so far it's just possibilities and potential. (But I've gotten one hell of a validation that I'm a writer, thank you very much.)

I also have to remember that I've already succeeded beyond my original goals, by far.  I'm very happy with what's happened and continues to happen.

And I have to remember that the writing is everything.  The book is everything.

So I need to just knuckle down and finish my Tuskers series.  I'm rewriting Tuskers III right now, and I think it's been a valuable experience.  I think I'm improving it, but it is a bit of slog.  I spend hours and look and find that I've only done 6 pages, for instance.  Ouch.

But it should and must be done.

I decided to give The Manic Pixie Dream Girl Murders one more pass as well, even though it was ready.  I've decided I need to make that extra effort, even if it is costly in time and effort and even money.  All this is an investment in the future.

There are so many options right now, it's got my head spinning.  I'm just mulling them over again, and again, and again, as I'm prone to do.  Clarity will come, hopefully.


No comments: