Monday, November 10, 2014

Letting up on the pressure.

So I didn't even think about writing for a few days.  Went to Linda's store and sorted books (which I enjoy) and spent some time at my own store trying to find room for all the books and games I ordered for Christmas.

Yesterday, I decided to go for a walk in the Badlands again, and took my computer along just in case, and to my surprise, wrote a good chunk of a chapter.

I realized that I'd just been putting too much pressure on myself to produce.  This is supposed to be fun, and I need to keep a lighter touch to keep it going.  Quit worrying.  It'll be as good as it is.

Tuskers III has a bit of an odd plot, in that the last third of the book will jump forward a couple of years, and then have a climatic battle to decide all.  Again, I have to quit worrying and just figure there is away to get it done.

I still have one more chapter and a half to write before I get to that jump.

Really, I could probably write a fourth Tuskers novel with the material I have, but I think that would be a mistake.  So this last book is going to be maybe 15 to 20% larger than the first two books.  So be it.

I do believe that Tuskers III will require more rewriting than the first two books.   Again, so be it.

I'm waiting for The Dead Spend No Gold: Bigfoot and the California Gold Rush to be published.  Not sure what the hold up is, but I swore I wouldn't haunt my publisher about things so I'm keeping to that.  I wonder if it is good or bad to be published in the holiday season?

I figure I just need to keep opening up the time and space to write and writing will get done.


No comments: