Saturday, April 13, 2013

Wolflander

I've decided to make my next Cobb book about werewolves.

Vampires.  Yawn.

Zombies.  Blech.

Werewolves are the Next Big Thing! 

Well, out of all the supernatural critters I could pick, werewolves interest me the most.

Title:  Wolflander.

So I'm thinking that I'll have the wolves naturally migrating into Oregon come up against the fact that Bend is the Nexus between Faery and Earth.


O.K.  Went out to the Badlands and came up with a preliminary plot.

I don't have too much trouble coming up with things.  I can can up with This, That, and the Next Thing.  What I seem to have trouble with, sometimes, is the sequence of these events.  Does That happen before This?  Does the Next Thing happen after This or That?

All this is harder than it looks, and that's why this time I'm actually planning the book, instead of setting off blindly.


I've got an outline sketch of the first 11 chapters and an overall direction I want to go.  This is more planning than I usually do.

What's cool is that, because I've already written a book in this world, I have the characters, background, setting and basic premise (Faery/Humans versus...) in place.  Why didn't I think of this trick before!?

No really.  Why didn't I think of this trick before?  I've written 8 books, and only two of them were connected and that's only because I originally planned them as one book.

Anyway, I'm going to get started today.  For some reason, I'm always a little nervous, scared before I start a new book.  

No comments: