Saturday, October 27, 2012

Picky, picky.

After slogging through the day before, I hit a wall in writing yesterday.

So I took the day off, and I'm going to take today off as well.

Linda and I are going to see Argo this afternoon.  Come to find out that the fake movie at the center of the plot was based on the book, Lord Of Light, by Roger Zelazny.  This was one of my favorite books when I was younger, though on rereading it as an adult it didn't quite hold up.

It's also one of the last books in the world that I would think was suitable for a movie.  Apparently, they kind of make fun of the book in the movie -- if so, I'm gonna resent that.

I was a naive reader -- probably still am -- because I read for entertainment.  I didn't catch that Narnia was a Christian allegory, I didn't see Atlas Shrugged as a manual for living but as a slightly S.F. idea rooted venture (thus, I don't think it made me any more of a selfish prick than I already was) and I was probably 6 or 7 books into the Gor series before I realized it was about S & M.

I read a lot of bad books and really liked them.

I almost wish I could still do that.

No comments: